Wednesday, April 14, 2010

together we stand

It was another beautiful day here! Hunter and I ate breakfast and then went right outside!

Here is the after picture of the flower stand that I painted yesterday. I'm going to put it on our front porch holding little pots of flowers. I'm happy with how it turned out.  


Hunter watched me paint a shelf for Jason's music room. It was here when we bought the house, I'm painting it black to freshen it up. When Jason got home from work Aunty Arlene and Suzy came over. Suzy brought me a really cute gift, I will post a picture of it tomorrow. Then we went around my house and they gave me decorating advice. They are so creative, I love getting their advice!

Jason and I tackled a project that we have been wanting to do. 


The front flower bed! First we rolled out the black plastic. 

Hunter watched! Until Aunt Nicole came over to play with him.


Then we cut the plastic around the bushes and trees, 
and cut holes for the black eyed susan's and hostas that are sprouting.


It turned out SO good, and was so simple! Good bye weeding! This should keep the weeds down, which means more time for me to play with my sweet baby! Tomorrow we are going to finish the two side flower beds. What a huge difference this will make for the curb appeal of our house. 


I love to garden. 
But really the best part of this whole project was working on it with Jason. 
We worked very well together today and actually had a fun! I love working on projects with him! 
And I really appreciated him being as into it as I was :)


And of course this day would not have been complete with out some pictures of our silly, stick eating baby! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love some blog love :)